1. ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVERTISING
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity, or activity on devices associated with you, on our sites and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons. Definitions for some of the tracking technologies listed, as well as information about your choices with respect to them, are available below. This tracking data may be used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites and applications (for example, remembering your shipping information for future purchases);
- Deliver relevant content and advertising based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize the use and operation of our sites and applications; and
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties.
We may collect information whether or not you are logged in or registered, and may associate this tracking data with your registration account (if you have one), in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications, on devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Examples of online tracking technologies include: